Thursday, February 16, 2012

How do you achieve balance?

Taking a deep breath, and looking deep within myself to find out (again, and again) what’s truly important.

Going for a 3km run between intervals of my hectic life. It’s short enough to fit in my erratic schedule, it’s intensive enough to give me the good, satisfying sweat.

Talking to my mother about our daily happenings; my nieces’ antics, my cat and her kittens well-being, the upcoming wedding and what we want to do about it.

Eating wholesome meal, with a lot of veggies on the side.

Crossing my to-do lists one by one.

Listening to peaceful songs of Kings of Convenience, Feist, or (if my mood permits) Pink Floyd.

Finally, curling up in my bed with the book I’ve read so often there are countless cracks on its spine. It’s so comfortable to hold it feels like sitting down with your best friend.

What do you do to achieve balance in your life?

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...