Saturday, July 19, 2008

Head over heels with down under

What I love about waking up in the morning in Australia, is how the picture perfect scene I wake up to everyday seems to depict everything I ever dreamed how my life will take place in the future. The majestic palm tree in backyard garden towers other plants around it to greet me every morning as I slide open the curtain, and the bright pink flowers flutter slightly, and rhythmically to the cold winter breeze, as if smiling at the sight of me. I love the way I could walk down the stairs and greet the vast international citizens living in my home who are sometimes occupied with their amazing works; a future and innovations consultant, an architect, an industrial biotechnologist, a financial accountant, a human resource management student, and myself a self-proclaimed environmentalist - all under one roof. Making breakfast in the kitchen is my all-time favorite; it could be a quick boil of the oat porridge which I’ve come to like with a splash of milk and a dollop of honey, or it could be a hearty omelet sprinkled with mushrooms and tomato, or in my sweet-tooth days, I would be shaking up my pancake with sauteed banana and the scrumptious maple syrup. All taken with a glass of breakfast juice, and slowly ended with a quick bite of a banana and a mug of coffee upstairs while I am finishing my works and readings. It’s the perfect beginning to a projected perfect day. My life is as close as it could get to the life of Isabel Dalhousie, where she finishes her editorial work in the morning, walks through her neigbourhood in the afternoon to see her niece or whoever new acquaintance she has made (walking to the university, in my case), and returns to a quick dinner and drink in her home in the evening in the company of her close friends and family.

A rather solitary life of reading and writing in its essence, but filled with a mosaic of varying social life on the outside. The kind of life I love, and always enjoy.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...