Saturday, August 16, 2008

The perfect night

It was the perfect night. The perfect dinner, the perfect coffee, and the perfect companions. It was like the perfect epiphany for me, a sudden moment of final realization how my presence in this land is complete; my heart, soul, and body are now soiled with the dirt of Australia. It has made its mark on me, stamped and tattoed, and it will forever leave its stain.

The popia (spring rolls), sayur lemak (vegetable stew in coconut milk), and ikan bakar (grilled fish) turned out perfectly. Everyone loves it. Not being a self-proclaimed avid cook I am, I nevertheless pride myself at being able to enjoy cooking as I do writing. It is a process of breaking up a tangle of complex information, putting it together again in a way which I understand and voila, the product.

Yes, I am unfortunately compulsive in disrupting and re-arranging a complete system and build it again in ways I see fit. It explains a lot of things though, isn’t it?

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...