Monday, November 3, 2008

Crazy About Books

The City of Sydney Library is a class of its own. Maybe I’ve seen nothing yet, but coming from the country where its library is severely impoverished of books (fancy calling it library in the first place!), I was deliriously stunned at the extensive collection the library has I feel like shouting Eureka! as Archimedes did.

Basically every single book I’ve read, I’m reading and I wish to read can be searched and found in the library. Not to mention if I cannot find it in the Customs House Library, the city library has a network of ten other libraries across Sydney which I can easily access with public transport.

Now to think I don’t have to fork out any money to read that latest installments of the 44 Scotland Street novels I’ve been eyeing from the window sill of the UNSW Bookshop!

I’ve also managed to catch up on reading books I recently bought but couldn’t bring it with me (oh the irony of it!) like the Airman, the Time Paradox (both Eoin Colfer’s), Inkspell (Cornelia Funke), Sweetness in the Belly (Camilla Gibbs) - and guess what else, Pramoedya Ananta Toer’s and Goenawan Mohamad’s works!
I know, I am breathless with excitements. Books always do that to me.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...