Friday, June 24, 2011

It is up to you to give [life] a meaning

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" - Carl Jung

How many times a day do I find myself being angry at the world? How many times a day I was revisited by the ancient urge to hurl a red brick stone at somebody, for deceiving me, for disrespecting me, for rejecting me? How many times a day I am tempted to listen to the deepest and darkest voice in my head, which lurks around, ready to spring at a moment's notice - to take the forbidden path, to let go, without a care to the world, without remembering those I love the most?

They are too many to count, and the thing about growing up, the thing about having chosen my own path - is that my life becomes my own responsibility. The fear, the hurt, the anger, the frustration, the sadness; are no one else's but mine.

So every time, when I'm confronted with the same situation over and over again, I have to consider my choices - to revert back to my old self, and risk facing the same result, the same pattern, or to move forward, to see the beauty in everyday life and even though I am at the mercy of the unknown, of the unfamiliar - at least I'm not repeating, or victimised by, the same vicious cycle.

I am not giving up on you, life, not yet.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...