Sunday, July 17, 2011

What happens when you let go?

She was walking past the throngs of people in the cafeteria when she saw him, face bright with laughter and smile and indifference.

She had stopped by to get dinner after a satisfying run. It had been a busy week. She hadn't been home earlier than 9 o'clock in the evening in the past 5 days, and she had just got home after a day trip down south for a consultation session with one of her project stakeholders. She was looking forward for a quiet evening with no disruption to her daily routine life.

She was upset with him, and was intent to avoid him at all cost. Throughout the week she has been berating herself for bringing such disappointment unto her own life when she knows fully well her own folly and misgivings.

She hates to make mistakes, but she keeps repeating them.

"You're just as hard on yourself as you are on others." She had heard the line in a movie somewhere, and she felt for the subject of such comment, because she understood what it feels like to have such urge for perfection hovering over her since forever.

She was walking past the throngs of people in the cafeteria when she saw him, face bright with laughter and smile and indifference, and her world stood stock-still.

6 comments:

Opie said...

(I know this will require a lengthy explanation, but..)

This is why I never choose to let go. ^^

Unknown said...

I think most of the time I let go to avoid getting hurt. But all the same, when I finally let go, I still get hurt.

It's all very confusing...

Anonymous said...

ada entry kamu tentang acceptance. Instead of letting go, why don't you accept?

Don't you think that you are bit harsh? - at least, I am seeing that, that way.

Apa pun, tolong jangan buat benda drastik lagi, seperti tutup blog, misalnya.

You scared me, and other people too.

Opie said...

@KEB: Interesting concept.. while I agree with you essentially, perhaps letting go might be a better option, in certain cases? And yes, I do think she's a bit harsh, even if mostly on herself. It takes one to know one..

Ati, exactly! :)

Relationship is a two way street, no? it would make sense that regardless of who lets go, both parties will somehow be affected..

this is a very stupid question, but.. why are people so afraid of getting hurt?

I know we probably shouldn't jump into a relationship thinking it'll be blue skies forever [I probably wouldn't jump at all if I didn't think there was a chance of at least 75-80% good weather XD] but if we're honest about the feelings we have towards someone, can't we just give it our best shot and see where it goes?

I mean, even if the relationship doesn't last, for me at least, I would be proud to have been able to make that someone happy while it lasted; that, to the end, I stayed true to my feelings, and sincerely show it. I guess what I'm trying to say is, better hurt than regret..?

Haish, whatever! I don't even know if I'm making any sense.. (-___-)v

lyana sidek said...

rindu le kat kome sume~ hihi. (KEB terkecuali) :)

Unknown said...

Hello everyone and I'm back!

Pojan,

Thank you for your input. Didn't know that I've scared you, have I? :p

Kak Sofie,

Uh, we have a lot to talk about. :)

Nurul,

Saya rindu kamu juga!

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...