Sunday, October 16, 2011

Indeterminate changes

A lot of things did not happened - my spelunking trip to Gua Tempurung was postponed to next month. I missed the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale which ran for fourteen days next door to my office. I put off visiting an ex-colleague and her newborn son for indeterminate days. After an enthusiastic beginning, my blog was left untended for nearly a month.

But a lot of things happened too - I went on day trip to Kota Tinggi to visit an uncle. Although I was never really quite one who is attached to family, visiting my elderly relatives brought a certain weight to my reality.

No man is an island, and life is always a legacy passed from one to another.

I had numerous sessions of much needed talk with my friends over the week, planned and unplanned. It's heartening to learn despite our sporadic encounters these days, our bonds continues to reinforce. Especially looking at my friend's kids, their hands holding on to us like they have known us all along, made me realise how there are always larger things at work in life. 

The wonders of life, the wonders in living - how we are all connected to one another, by blood, by experience, by memories.

In the meantime, work has taken hold of my life almost entirely.  But I am enjoying it. I meet new people every day, and they in turn enrich my experience, professionally and personally.

From time to time I keep thinking, even though at the beginning I wasn't certain what I'm supposed to do - I'm beginning to see what I'm doing now is what I'm meant to do, all along.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...