Sunday, November 18, 2012

#4 - 18 November 2012

Today I'm leaving this place.

This formidable mountains and its limestone cave, this generous river that never stopped running as I walk, sleep, laugh and wonder in the past few days.

Having been on one's own with no one to talk to but trees, rivers and the stars, one can't help but wonder about one's life.

For me, one of the very reasons why I signed up for the trip is the inevitable purging of memories -

memories that are past, broken and need to be forgotten.

Sometimes I question myself, did I do enough? Have I taken all of my chances? Have I been brave and courageous, or was I too guarded? Have I conquered life or have I let myself be trampled by it?

I will never know the answers to these questions, probably.

"Perhaps you don't give yourself enough credit", a friend once told me.

Taking actions, and choosing paths based on what you feel, what you believe is right - takes insurmountable amount of faith, too.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...