Monday, November 5, 2012

You are part of a beautiful story

As you fall, remember that you are part of a beautiful story that did not start when you were born.
- I Wrote This For You 
It's November and rain is pounding on our soil like a long-lost lover. One evening I was out running when suddenly the wind shifted and torrential rain mercilessly poured down on me like missiles.

There were thunders and lightning too, and I was forced to take shelter under the small booth by the bridge, laughing and praying to God to keep me safe.

It's been a long time since I felt so alive, vulnerable, strong, thrilled and at peace all at the same time.

I don't know if I qualify to be defined as a believer. But I'm beginning to think whatever happened to me in the past years, they cannot simply be random, disconnected series of events bouncing off each other like gaseous molecules in a closed jar.

One thing is always a cause to another, and had I not the littlest faith to take so many unknown paths - I don't think I would have made it so far.

Which is why, as I stood there in the rain - feeling afraid and exhilarated at my own helplessness and the possibilities of surviving and life and living, I look up at the sky and found myself saying, I'm all yours, God, do with me what you will. 

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...