Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anne of Green Gables

"Read it with a box of Kleenex", Kelly's mom told one of her little readers.

I read Anne of Green Gables, I laughed, I cried, I laughed again, and then I slept with the brightest smile on my face - optimistic of the dream to come.

Anne of Green Gables tells the story of Marilla and Mathew Cuthbert who incidentally landed themselves with an orphaned girl when they had wanted a boy who can work their farm. The girl is Anne Shirley, a red-headed, absent-minded and earnest girl who think anything good happened to her is the best thing ever happened in the world.

The story of Anne and the people around her is a joy to read. It reminded me of what it means by being thirteen again. Although perhaps not the vivacity or the innocence of Anne, I remember how imaginations had ruled our lives and took up for what was not there in our world at the time. Gilbert Blythe is charming, and I wish Matthew Cuthbert is my uncle.

I wish to have the complete box set of the series, a wish list fairy please can you hear me?

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...