Friday, January 14, 2011

A is for acceptance, B for bravery and C for curiosity

I've found my word for 2011: Accept.

I will accept myself. I am enough and I am never too much. And I will accept whatever and however ways people perceive me. I don't need to justify my existence, neither do they need to understand my differences.

I will accept people as they are. I will not torment myself and others by expecting any more of them than what they already are. I'm grateful for their companionship, and it is already more than I can ask for.

I will accept everything new coming across my life in the next 12 months and beyond as an opportunity to discover and live life. I will not hold myself back. I will not let fear prevent me from doing what I love, or doing the right thing. Even if it's going to be just one step forward, at a time.

I will accept my past as a part of who I am, I will accept the mistakes I've made, and I will accept whatever it was which caused people to have wronged me.

The past is the past, I will accept that although they factored in the way I've grown and become today, they have no influence in whatever choices I'm going to make tomorrow and in the future. 

My word for 2011 is accept. I'm going to open myself, wholly, for it.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...