Saturday, January 29, 2011

It finally feels like a weekend

A full weekend is all I need after a week of event-organising and project management anxieties.

I've learned recently the week leading to the Chinese New Year's break can be quite stressful as it's the longest holiday our office is going to endure in the year. I've never left the office more than 3 working days so I wonder if our projects is going to fall all over the place while we're away. But then of course it's only the workaholic in me speaking, and my colleague did say I love my work too much for my own good.

So in a way, the up and coming holiday is a good practice to monitor my work cathexis. To work, and to have a break means to learn to invest and commit in something, and to let go again so it will give me more rooms to consider and reconsider my priorities.

The holiday aside, I'm glad to have had a fruitful weekend (despite the fact it's barely over yet);

I'm a morning person regardless whether it's a working day or not, so I got up early today to whip up some pancakes to go with my coffee. It's an indulgence, and a move away from my daily toast for breakfast. The following hours was a blur of sending my car for service, watching a hilarious Hindi movie on TV, and shopping little trinkets, toys and cookies for my nieces.

I spent the evening checking my receipts for the whole month, and making sure I stay on budget until my next paycheck.

Sometimes I think it's the little thing; random duties and negligible pleasures which makes one's life whole.

2 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

i heart weekends! putrajaya area mana? nanti e-mail akak. insya Allah, akan turun ke putrajaya in near time.

Unknown said...

Kak Aini,

Ati kerja di Putrajaya tp tinggal di Bangi. Nanti Ati e-mail, our meeting is long over due!

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...