Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Academic Reflections

Re-writing blog post is a good way to reflect, I think. The passing week has been splendid and full. Without intending to sound geeky, I had fun finishing the assignments. One was on the subject of river management, and another the historical evolution and philosophical framewok behind environmental governance in Malaysia. Uncovering Malaysian systems to me is a revelation in itself. Oh yes, tak kenal maka tak cinta applies rather appropriately in my case, I think the country now is growing dear to my heart.

Taking time to learn about the structure of our country, the progress it has made and the systems involved in achieving it is of particular importance to me and seeing it in light of international settings - I ardently hope we could learn more, because hasty judgments certainly do no good to me and my generation.

On a different note, I finally discovered a way to my friends’ heart - brownies. I suppose I had instinctively known it before, only I’ve never really applied it in the Land Down Under. While waiting for my group members to come in celebrating the end of our assignment, I took out a box of brownies I made and in a flashing seconds the walkway where I sat became a hub for lively discussion, not to mention an outlet for new friends and acquaintances as well, affable seniors who spent their time in Vietnam and Sarawak among many.

I love Malaysia for the tender abode it gives me, but I love Australia for the fulfilling life it allows me.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...