Friday, October 17, 2008

A Short Breather

A little elf came to visit yesterday, taking my time off work but giving me a bucketful of excuses to get good foods and a blast of time.

A junior from IIU, who has been spending her sweet post-graduation holiday in Brisbane, paid a short visit to Sydney. I’d have followed her back to Brisbane if not for the impending exam next week. Nevertheless, time is still plenty and my stay in the Land Down Under is to be lived fully each day.

Her visit was short, and our time spent was brief because she was visiting her relatives at the same time. I took her on a modest tour to the uni, having our breakfast at the library lawn and making avid observations to the campus life in Australia. We walked on my house afterwards, stopping at the Chish and Fips to get the infamous Lonely Planet reviewed fish and chips.

After lunch, we took a walk along the Eastern Coastal Walkway in time to send her off to the train terminal in Bondi Junction. Much to our delight, the Sculpture by the Sea began at the same day, so we had the pleasure of examining the artworks. To me however, despite all the sculptures, it’s the marble gravestones in Waverley Cemetery which never failed to take my breath way. Hundreds of stories are engraved on the stones, and I could almost feel the emotions invoked within it.

I met her again after few days, to send her off to the airport for Brisbane. I was glad with the short interim, I hope she is too. Thank you sis for coming!

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...