Monday, October 6, 2008

Reminiscence

My heart is a bleeding sore. Not out of pain, not out of sufferings. But out of love, longing, and honour of a long-time friend. Of love and friendship so beautiful, so pure, so innocent. I can feel the bursting emotions, it takes my breath away, it constricts a knot in my stomach, it seeps away dizziness to my head.

My friend, my charming, precious friend - he brought a smile to my face today. He reminded me of stories from our past, stories nearly put marginal due to my eroding memory. I feel like an old maid made to feel young again.

Major weeper, Habib, and alangkah! cropped up in our conversation and brought me back to the times when we had allowed our imaginations roam free. Both writers, we teased each other with words as we speak. At times we amused ourselves as if we are characters in stories. Oh how utterly delightful!

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...