Friday, February 27, 2009

Life is Beautiful

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.

Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail.

I watched Life is Beautiful last night, a wonderful Italian movie. It's sad, but you couldn't really cry because the movie didn't allow you to for the beautiful and funny insights it teaches you, which at some point frustrated me because I end up with all these feelings bottled up inside me.

Perhaps that's what great art does to you, it flips you up and down until you're too exhausted you forget what you're supposed to feel in the first place.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...