Monday, April 6, 2009

We are strangers before thee, and sojourners

The board was full, pasted with all kinds of passionate activisms for the strong causes in the different parts of the world. I leaned my head on the wall behind me, don't you think it's tiring simply looking at the board? I wanted to ask him, but I decided not to. Whoever these days think about things like these, no one - and not they want to either. I shook my head, as if it could shake off the exhausting thoughts from my head. I smiled a bit, his bright t-shirt lifted up my spirit.

The truth is, life grows to be an increasingly frustrating place to be (not to say death is a better alternative either). For one, there are problems around the world everywhere which never seem to go away - prejudice, discrimination, utter greed. To add to it we are now facing the threat of world collapse, the resources sucked dry, the treasured ruined. And still, still - we go on in our life as if nothing has changed. We've got to to live, right?

I wish I have all the answers, I wish I can change everything. I wish time is on my side. I wish people would stop going about their daily lives for once and say, hey let's do something different today. I wish we could all dance simply to have a good time. I wish the world is not so complicated as people make it to be. I wish my ancestors hadn't hated each other so I can love and embrace more people today. I wish, I wish.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...