Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Winter Comes Softly

The chill is becoming increasingly unbearable. But every day as I sit at my table and watch the world goes by from my room - little birds hopping around for food, butterflies chasing one another, mothers pushing the trolleys with their baby inside, young men and women in love with each other, a bus goes and another comes - I feel safe and warm inside.

I find it amazing how little nooks and crannies of this place is becoming more and more a part of me - and the fact that it actually makes up only a fraction of my life doesn't matter. The memory of home, the places where I once grew up and bled love - are becoming more and more distant and far away. New faces come into my life, while old ones are becoming only a freckle of memory, like the last spot you see before the screen on television fades away.

Although I must say sometimes I feel a tinge of greed and agitation. The remembrance of those who had taken pieces of my heart, and never returned it inflames me. People who had caused pain to those who are dear to me enrages me. History which I cannot change infuriates me. The world, and its forever unsolvable riddle - frustrates me and makes me lose my faith.

This love, this pain, this contradiction of all things - makes me wish winter comes softly. Come now - envelope me with coldness, shiver my restless soul, throw some iciness on my anger, and freeze my impulsive desire. I want to be buried under endless snow - cold, quiet, and at peace.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...