Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't Think of An Elephant

1. I think there is a definitive boundary between talking about something interesting and talking about something to make your conversation interesting. Sex is not something new, we all know that. And it's not something extra-terrestrial either.

2. It revolted me when people talk about prostitution and homosexuality as if it's a freak of nature. There are women who had to go for sex without protection and risk themselves to be infected with HIV because that's the way they can feed their family, or because their husbands have been sleeping around. There are young girls who are being forced into prostitution to pay the debt of their family. There are queer people who face years of isolation because their own family cannot accept who they are regardless of they've become. No, prostitution and homosexuality do not make an intriguing topic for conversation.

3. Lastly, I find it sad when we got trapped into the pattern of thinking we so carefully avoid. It will not do to justify why men think of women only as sexually desired objects simply because they have one part desire and ninety nine parts brain while women have ninety nine parts desire and one part brain. Because trust me, I've found enough men who are half-baked that I'd never dream of exchanging my one part brain to their ninety nine parts. No thanks.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...