Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Two Cents for Today

1. I know I am not the most beautiful girl in the world. But I feel what I have so far perfectly match each other, and I love them for it. My crooked teeth, my less than perfect skin, and my undefined figure, there are always ways to love them at a different time of the day.

2. Of course I adore making up my hair, but sometimes cutting them short allow me the liberty to believe my substance does not lie all in the beauty of my body.

3. I can feel beautiful wearing flattering jeans or dresses, but I also feel graceful being covered under my hijab. Sometimes, I find modesty is all I need in the day to feel good about myself.

4. I wish I could have a man to love by my side. But many times I feel so because I think how great a life can be to share all your dreams together with someone you love, not because I cannot stand being alone or lost in the world. Love is a gift to give, not a cure to a disease.

5. Certainly having fun means living a full life. But fun does not necessarily constitutes loud noises or superficial acquaintances. There are so many people out there in the world who seems to be having fun 24/7 but they are broken inside. Sometimes we forget as a human being, sadness, loneliness, and imperfection are but a part of life and sometimes they are not all our fault. Sometime being happy means allowing yourself a slack to let the world go round without you and retreat into yourself to find that smiling heart again.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...