Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Review of Everything

I watched Angels and Demons last night. A lot better than the Da Vinci Code, definitely. It made me re-think how Dan Brown managed to bring the debate of science and religion to the open, and it reminds me of Salman Rushdie recollection of his scholarly father introspecting the Quran.

That was old time, the glorious era of pluralism and healthy debate.

The assignment for reviewing the technology on energy is highly stimulating, I find. Somehow knowing the decision maker is asking your opinion about what should be done is comforting. Although I know I should not be too innocent, surely public participation - in the real world cannot escape the politics of power.
Nevertheless, I want to avoid being too much of a cynic.

I finished reading Eat, Pray, Love. Wise, but I think it must be difficult for any human being not to be a tad too self-absorbed, which is what happened with the memoir. Surely I would like to believe how God can reach out to me in any ways, but trascending and colliding with Him as one? I am yet to experience it.

Now the question of God Himself - is a subject I avoid thinking about these days.

The school is ending in two weeks, now don't you think how fast time flies? I'm coming home in six months. I'm not sure what awaits me, but I try not to fret too much. For all of you know, how much I fret.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...