Saturday, May 28, 2011

The hope is we have so much to feel good about



Slow, melodic song was blaring amidst conversations, and I sat  there in the middle of countless faces I never met before. When it calls for it, I made small talks and laughed appropriately at the right time. But whenever I found myself little time to catch my breath, my mind wanders over.

I saw happy families, society of distinctions, and young crowds keeping abreast with the latest of things. This glaring brightness, this feigned happiness  - and I felt so ill at place. I tried to look around for familiar comforts, my safe refuges, but a sting of bitterness rush to my eyes as I realised none of them were there.

"What have become of our lives?"

Then I was struck with a strange feeling of melancholic contentment. Despite everything, we all have plenty to smile about. This pain will be beautiful one day, this torment will feel foolish in the future. No matter how hopeless our lives may seem to be at the moment, we still have so much to feel good about.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...