Monday, August 1, 2011

Learning to live with myself

“I need to be alone. I need to ponder my shame and my despair in seclusion; I need the sunshine and the paving stones of the streets without companions, without conversation, face to face with myself, with only the music of my heart for company.”
— Henry Miller

Living my word (accept) is proving to be wearisome. The more I open myself to it, the more I discover there are a lot of things about my life which needs resolving.

In the spirit of fasting month, I am abstaining myself from the pleasure of society. I am going to use every spare time I have finishing my books (Carduroy Mansions, Juliet Naked, Geography of Bliss, The Case for God, The Life of Gandhi, among others), running, and writing.

The rest of the time, until 'eid comes, will be spent pondering life and tending my little garden. It's time I learn to accept my own aloneness.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...