Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Life as a Reader

A new year passes by, and I suppose the one and only thing which remains unchanged inside me is my reading self.

I had spent the one-month holiday break reading considerably. I finished the Inkheart Trilogy (Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath), which I found it immensely enjoyable as novels about books. The author's imagination is something a reader like me would envy, I think. Because like Meggie, I would give anything to be in the world full of characters like Farid, Capricorn, and Dustfinger. Especially Dustfinger, of course. The thick book would be daunting to initial readers. But trust me, it'll take you to a whole new world afterwards.

The Historian proves to be an interestingly gothic reading, albeit the loose plots. While My Name is Red shook me, although I'm still halfway through the novel at the moment. Both novels reminds me somehow to the Thirteenth Tale, which I re-read together with the sixth Harry Potter, simply to get myself out of the goth trance.

To put it shortly, the end of two thousand eight has been quite a dark reading for me.

Happy 2009 Everyone!

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...