Friday, January 30, 2009

A Tale of the New House

I moved in to the new apartment, a tad closer to school and shops (which means even on my lazy days I'll have no excuse to board the bus!). It looks more apt as a student establishment with secondhand furniture lying out of place at the lounge area and the backyard, posters of various activism and cultural events sticking out on the walls and uhm, condoms splattered on the coffee table besides the magazines.

Now, before you catch your breath and make the awful sound of unbelievable gasp - please know one of my housemate is taking women studies as her degree, which explains the various tools and advices I find surrounding the house. My other housemates are from India (doing his PhD in photovoltaic), Italy (doing his Master's in biomedical engineering), and Spain (he moved out today).

It's a good and interesting change from the last house. I think I was officially inaugurated as the member of the house yesterday, as I managed to attend the dinner/birthday party offered by my housemate to her friend. She used to worked as a chef, and she made cannelloni (kaan-nelloo-ni, as my Italian housemate taught us) with salads for dinner. One of the girls I met remarked with cheerful gesture I had managed to get myself a crazy house.

Oh well, I thought - the crazier the better.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...