Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Out of Bounds to Nowra

Dear friends,

Nowra is a part of the New South Wales South Coastal areas, which is where I had spent camping with my dad's friend and his family. I had a fair share of camping experience in Malaysia, and once last year we went to The Basin up north in New South Wales. But this time I find the camping experience is beyond revolutionary. Forget about tents and campfires. Think caravans and a truck-ful loads of camping equipments. We took 3 hours to set up the campsite alone.

Anyhow, it was a week well-spent. We went bike-riding through the bush trails and disc0ver whatever gems hidden at the end of it. Imagine bushwalking and being stopped in the midst of it because a group of kanggaroos came hopping at you in the opposite direction, staring at you wide-eyed as if waiting for you to say hello. Imagine hopping on the beach rocks from one end of the beach to the other, and climbing uphills only to find you couldn't find your way back to the main trails. Oh, that one was challenging. I truly thought we're going to get lost - I was with my dad's friend and his vivacious seven years old granddaughter.

I wouldn't be able to weave a full and complete story yet, but I hope you enjoy all these bits and pieces. Tonight I'm going to the Sydney Opera House to watch Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

Lots of love, Ati.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...