Friday, January 16, 2009

Speed Reading

Now I feel like working.

The past week, in the event of my deceased (I hate to think so, but I'm coming to term with it now) laptop, as well as the fact I'm staying at the Malaysia Hall Sydney which is devoid of immediate ICT facilities - I've been living like a real postgraduate student.

Waking up at 5.30 in the morning and later on walking to my school with the grave intent to finish my assignment, I spend the whole long day at the working room, coming out only to make occassional coffee or to have lunch. I walk back by 7.00 in the evening, reading book before bedtime and falling asleep as early as 10.00. I've finished the Secret Life of Bees, People of the Book and the Last Lecture. My Name is Red, unfortunately, is still a struggle.

Somehow I turn out to be productive more than ever.

The deafening silence still gets to me sometime, but not as bad as the first few days since I arrived. I was missing home like mad, nothing a reclusive person like me can ever imagined.

But I realize now what is it which drives me to finish the course with flying colours; it's my family back home. It's hard to accept I'm growing old and somehow rather wistful now, but alas, if it means love, so be it.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...