Monday, August 10, 2009

Where art thou?

"And especially Bim. And then he left and we wrote letters - he wrote great letters - and it turned into something else. Something better. He was my dear reader." Addison said. "For a very long time, he was the first person to read every book I wrote."
Rima had her doubts. The box she'd seen in the attic was not the sort of box you put together for your dear reader. "And then what happened?" she asked. She didn't look at Addison's face. She looked at Addison's face in the window, her ghost face, just visible underneath the bright spot of the reflected table lamp.

"I was hoping you'd tell me," Addison said.

- The Case of Imaginary Detective by Karen Joy Fowler.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...