Sunday, December 6, 2009

Addicted to change

"People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened"
- Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail

I've an affliction with changes. At times I'm allergic to them, I grew agitated with new environments, I became restless at spontaneous change of course. But almost every time I'm addicted to them. I move on before everybody else, I take on a new course when no one else dared to. It's as if when god created me, he made the perfect concoction of contradicting forces.

Speaking of changes, I've learned empathy is a skill learned and earned. An offer of advice, when given duly out of desperation to escape from continuous rambling of self-pity, can come across as insensitive, or worse - insulting. What I learn when I don't know what to say, is to listen.

We spend a lot of time moving on a fast and continuous pace nowadays - sometimes stopping for a while, and listening in return - are all we need to slow down the world.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...