Monday, December 7, 2009

Re-acquaintance with home

There is a strange associated lethargy when I walked through town yesterday. It was the first time I stepped into the shopping complex since my return, and as usual the complex is packed with young people. Most of them just hanging about in groups.

It's been more than ten years since we moved to Kelantan, and somehow throughout all these years I'm yet to fall in love with the state. I've never really had the time to get acquainted with the city. I spent most of my teenage years living in boarding school, and then I went off to college. Until now, I've fallen in love with many cities and make them my home, but somehow Kota Bharu never made the cut.

In bleak comparison to Randwick, let alone Sydney - the sight of litters, roadkills, and lousy drivers are growing to irritate my presence about the town. Daily survival is becoming a trial nowadays. I woke up full of hope one morning and determined to start the new chapter of my life with enthusiasm and productivity, only to find my optimism diminishing to bare minimum at the end of the day. At night I dream of my life in Down Under, and sometimes the thought of what was once mine made me clench with bitterness and despair.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...