Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A vagrant's friend

My head was lolling to the music when he came, I was partly drowsy with sleepiness - battered from the 10-hour journey from Down Under, and partly anxious at the thought of seeing him after all these while. But when I faintly heard my name and I turned around to see his face breaking into a big wide grin - I felt light as a feather.

Friendship is a strange thing, I must concur. It grew from the least expected, and sometimes against the continuum of space and time. People always say the best of friends grew out of thick and thin, for better or for worse. But sometimes magical moments sprouted out of the driest and the barest of all lands. Sometimes an utterly honest manifestation of what a soul is capable of can only be seen in one spontaneous second - unplanned, and uncharted.

I am a wanderer, a gift of friendship is something I don't have at my continuous disposal. A floating and an aimless vagrant, I hold on to the memories of beautiful moments like a tramp hogging bare shillings on the floor. Like that one perfect morning in the terminal, they're hard to come by.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...