Friday, September 5, 2008

Drifting apart

These days’ talking to my friends is becoming a source of frustration for me. When I was in Malaysia, expressing a different mindset was only limited to the way I read books, the way I write, and the way I carry myself in my own world. Apart from all of it, we still share our time together, our common meals, cultures, and familiar society settings. Now I am in Australia, living a different life, and in a way living and expressing my mind - we become as different as summer and winter, as water and oil, as heaven and earth.

On the contrary to how my friends might view it, my departure is actually beyond what was simply a step forward befitting to my professional and academic directions. I had decided to leave, not to go to. I had decided to fled, not to be momentarily absent. I had decided to leave what was left of me, and to become whatever I was meant and dream to be. When I step my foot on the plane two months back, I did not plan to return and still be the same person I was.

How would I tell them about my changing and convoluting inside, about my enthusiasm of exploring the world, pushing the boundaries to the limit, questioning anything which is ambiguous, and never taking on the blind faith, how would I tell them and make them see?

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...