Sunday, September 21, 2008

On the question of God

On the question of God - I am not exactly a decent model for piety. All my life I continuously struggle to keep my sporadic prayers in check, although I cannot deny in doing so praying has always given me a sense of great relief. In some ways I think I always relate personally to God - more in terms of a Creator-Creation relationship than Allah-Muslim-Islam relationship. I find it increasingly difficult to admit the ultimate truth and supremacy of Islam, because I am beginning to discover how faith is subjected to human perception, which makes truth too. If truth is subjective, so the truth out there can be plenty right? If God alone is enough reason for us to submit our inner self to a greater and divine force, so what significance is there in concerning ourselves with whose religion is holier than the other? Surely God’s presence and truth transcends all and any kind of spiritual realms.

Somehow I feel like I am stuck in some kind of a spiritual twilight, a vacuum of chaotic and disordered soul - the damned, the doomed, and the invalid.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...