Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stuck in a rut

I was feeling helpless with myself. Concentrating on problems and feelings doesn’t seem to work out a better solution for my psychological being. I feel like I was stuck in a rut, in a state of environmental disempowerment. I feel like I should be learning more, thinking more, reading more, and doing more.

Admittedly, living green is not as difficult as it used to be. We carefully separate our recyclable items now, use of electricity is observed to the minimal needs, and I mostly opt to walk to school and never drive. All is possible given the current situation I’m living in; abroad.

Still there are a lot more to it on my part to keep up to, like enlightening myself with ample environmental knowledge on our country and globally and effectively passing on the information to others. Because in a society where there are so little rooms for personal expression; information is the key, knowledge is power.

Seeing what others could do, where things have gone wrong, and what is being concealed changes the whole perspective at which we see something; and I want to play a part to change it.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...