Friday, March 27, 2009

In Sorrow for the Last Person I Lost

I think for every relationship lost everyone is entitled to feel sorry for themselves, the key is not to overdo it. There is life to be lived, there are more people around to be loved, there are better songs to be sung, and there are more wondrous places to be visited, with or without the lost person beside you.

Besides, patah tumbuh hilang berganti, right? I can feel good things are in the air already.

Not that I was ever one in any serious relationships before. But you get me, there's always that one person you're pining on, the one you're eyeing from afar. For some weird reason and a little twist of fate, you thought both of you are meant to be together.

But no, thankfully - life is not that simple. God knows better, and indeed, how God knows better! I for one cannot imagine if everything I thought should happen would happen with the snap of a finger. Being the impulsive person I am, I think my friends would agree how safe it is for everything to be in God's hands.

So, in celebration of the sorrow I feel for the last person I lost, I am toasting to every single thing which makes my life whole - the blessings of my one of a kind family, which so far has produced the most beautiful, astounding and sainted little girls; my superfox friends, who know what it means to be a strong and attractive women; my guardian angel who on the contrary, is such a dork; thousands of pages of books I've completed; the footprints I've left in many places; the great things I've accomplished; and the amazing people I've shaken hands with - I'll continue to live, and live greatly.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...