Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Updates

By good updates, I mean proper updates. Of course. Not a single quotation from a novel or a short one-sentenced random thoughts which comes out of nowhere.

Proper updates - which answer the what and who and where and when and why of the recent events in my life.

1. Seriously, I think we would never realize how many muscles and bones we have in our hands until we learn to play instruments. My classical guitar lesson is progressing very well, I've learned the scale of C major and at the moment I'm practising a song the teacher had given me, which is difficult. The one I found on the internet is a bit easier and at least I can actually hear the melody.

I've also learn to play simple folks song like Silent Night and Ode to Joy, which is more gratifying as it motivates me to play more because I know I'm doing the right thing. Nevertheless, I hope I can squeeze in an hour a day to practise once the school starts later. So far it has been very therapeutic.

I'd love to buy the CD recommended by my teacher, a record by Julian Bream, apparently one of the best classical guitar player in the world. But it would require me to fork out at least a hundred dollar out of my bank. I could, but I suppose I could learn some delayed gratification now.

2. I like to think of myself as self-employed now, having to manage the new blog Green Advocates which I hope could grow into something tangible in the future. I usually spend my time working for the blog every day after breakfast until lunch time before I do any other distracting things (like watching DVDs, piling up articles on the wall, practising my guitar, reading novels).

My application to do the internship with the Global Poverty Project was unsuccessful, as did my application with Shell last semester (pretty ambitious, huh?). I suppose I need to arm myself with more skills now before I venture out again looking for new experiences. Was I not good enough, I ask myself sometimes. I don't know, but it will not stop me from looking out for more.

3. I invested 200 dollars for magazine subscription, I cringed at first, but I know I'm going to spend a lot more if I don't have them. Stopping by the news stand everytime I go out, for example, which is more dangerous for my monthly budget plan.

There are a few more plans on my own and with friends to do few things. But for now, I'm looking forward to go to classes. I'm taking two courses in policy studies, which I hope could prepare me for my PhD research brief and application. There's also the plan to settle down, but it remains to be seen depending on present and future circumstances. All in all, I somehow think I'm prepared to go back to God and talk to Him again now.

In sha Allah.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...