Saturday, March 21, 2009

What Makes a Wondrous Weekend?

1. The Vitamilk soy milk in the old-style bottle, just like the one I used to have in Bangkok more than 10 years ago at the street cafe to accompany our spicy and hot dinner. I suppose it has grown into a form of indulgence now when I sit with my friends we call it Ati's beer. Fair enough, a girl needs to wind down sometime too, right?

2. I love the Sydney Morning Herald weekend edition, ample magazine-quality inputs at a very low price. Occasionally I'd skim the news about my homeland, and the news review section gives me a quick read about the local scenes over the week. Political situations, I presume anywhere in the world - are hilarious.

3. Chocolate hot cross buns from the Baker's Delight is my once-a-week treat for myself. The shiny golden brush of the bun hot from the oven is simply heavenly to savour with a cup of tea. It reminds me of home, where mom and I often fill it with the smell of fresh-cooked sweet buns. The breadmaker certainly comes in handy.

4. Outer Edge in April features camping edition. I am seriously looking into a short weekend camping endeavour soon. I think it's due to something my friend and I have agreed, we would not be able to endure our working day-to-day life without going mad save from frequent return to nature every three to five months.

5. Little things, really. Like how my favorite song suddenly comes up on the radio, or when those vivid little flowers depart from the tree and land gracefully on the dirt, like fairies from heaven. Today a new company marvelled at my ability to write backwards, when in real it was my Arabic name causing it. Funny how people thought it's extraordinary we learn three languages, when I think I am still not diverse enough.

All right, I'm off for another practice session of C major study. My teacher is off to England for 5 weeks and he left me a bundle of exercise sheets. Tomorrow I'm going for a coastal walk from the Spit to Manly, it means pikelets for lunch. Toodles!

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...