Thursday, March 26, 2009

What to Make of the Idea of Another Brother

Bukan, saya tak bercakap tentang sahabat-sahabat baik yang sudah melangkaui the ring of friendship dan mencapai status I know so much about you now we might as well be family. Ada banyak baiknya, first of all, kawan-kawan ini boleh jadi protector, keluarga boleh senang hati sebab tahu kita tak ke mana-mana dengan sebarangan orang, kita pun ada masa jauh boleh bergantung pada kawan-kawan untuk tengokkan keluarga.

Simbiosis, kan? That's what friendships are for. I know, because I have my share of these friends-turn-brothers.

Kali ini saya bercakap tentang a different type of brother, a half-brother, a brother who carry the blood of my father. Just him. Not my mother's.

It's inevitable. Saya rasa kami semua tahu itu. Sebetulnya, sekarang ini we're already way over it. My mom's health is a bigger concern to worry dan kami sudah belajar apa yang lebih penting. Life is short, and too precious to be angry. Tambahan lagi, on my part, loving my father is already a difficult business without complicating it further. His silences, his reserved nature (as are mine) - tak perlu lagi ditambah hal-hal yang menjauhkan kami.

My father voiced out his worry, saya, abang dan adik are among the most volatile of all. We've all seen it. Saya sendiri pun takut sebenarnya, sebab kalaupun saya kata saya sudah over it, the silent, stinging pain in my chest never seem to go away. Tuhan saja tahu apa saja boleh berlaku in a blink of a moment kalau saya impulsive.

Tapi the truth is, saya berbesar hati mahu mengenali dia. Kini adik-adik saya, bukan seorang lagi. Saya sudah damai dengan dunia. Waktu ini untuk saya cuma untuk dunia and the love I can spread around. Siapa saja, di mana saja. Life is too short.

No comments:

The end

After nearly ten years, ati-the-reader.blogspot.com is now concluding its final chapter. The blog has been a definitive part of my life, an...